Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Green Beans With Spaetzle!



Courtesy of my husbands Aunt Linda! When I make it I change up the recipe a bit to make it a little lower in fat and calories but I will give you the original recipe and you can customize to your liking!

2 (10oz.) packages of green beans or 1 pound of fresh green beans
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup spaetzle
salt and pepper to taste or any other seasoning you like!

Cook green beans til tender crisp. Sed aside. Fry bacon to desired crispness and remove. Leave about 4 tablespoons of bacon drippings in pan. Saute the onions in the bacon drippings. At this time in a separate pot starting boiling your spaetzle per package directions. When finished add the drained spaetzle to the sauteed onions and then add your bacon (crumbled). Add the green beans and butter. Heat over low til butter melts and green beans are heated through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste! ENJOY!

-Stacie

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm looks good! Love the Colours!

Merry said...

Does sound very yummy.....is "spaetzle" a type of pasta?

Becky B. said...

YUMMM!! I love cooked, crumbled bacon in green beans, (my grandma used to cook green beans like that!), but I've never heard of "spaetzle". I'll have to look for it at the grocery store and give your recipe a try! :)