Thursday, June 16, 2011

Decoupage Father's Day Card




I made this for my FIL and there is a joke behind the bird. He has these doves on his wire fence at his house and I told him they were pretty (I had never seen them in that spot before)....thinking they were real of course. He is always playing jokes on me so he went along with it and didn't say anything different. Finally someone told me they were fake!! So he teased me pretty good...then I asked my 3 year old nephew about them and he even knew they were fake!! LMAO! Boy did I sure feel dumb! Later on I got a text with him and the dove and he called it his pet Sally! Figured this card would be perfect for him and on the inside I asked him if it was a nice picture of his pet Sally! :P LOL!

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar - Things with wings
Crafty Sentiments - Father's Day
Crazy 4 Challenges - Masculine
Creative Inspirations - Father's Day
Cupcake Craft - Boy oh boy
Delightful Sketches - Anything goes
Polka Doodles - Something for dad
Southern Girls - Anything goes
SSDS - Father's Day

16 Comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Stacie what a fantastic Fathers Day card loving that decoupaged image a super card thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Merry said...

That is too funny Stacie. Great card....it's a wonderful image for a male...and the embossed background really makes the decoupage pop.

Berry said...

Fab decoupage thanks for sharing at crafty sentiments hugs rebekah xx

NancyD said...

Very cute story. The card looks great. I do like paper tole. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Anonymous said...

OH WOW this looks totally 3d! I swear it was like an ornament or something, very cool!!!

LOL @ you and your FIL he sounds a real Character, how funny!

didn't you notice them not moving and bobbling their heads about as they do? coo-coo... lmao! love it!

Dawnll said...

This is hilarious! I would have done the same thing- everyone is always getting me.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

LOL Your not the only one I would have done the same....perfect card for him!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments & Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Liza said...

A gorgeous male card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous creation hun. Thanks for playing along with SSDS challenge and good luck in the draw. Hugs Sue x

Faye said...

What a gorgeous male card. I love all the little details. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. Good Luck! x

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, Stacie! I love your decoupaged image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Becky B. said...

HAHAHAHA!! Too funny! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

ROFLOL - beautiful card - pops off page! I'm sure he will enjoy this one (-:

Purple Crazy said...

So fabulous, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week, Wendy X

karenw said...

Very funny!! I've fallen for fake ducks that way as well, sigh..

great card, love the dimensions!

Thanks for playing with us at southern girls this week. x

BondGirl said...

great card. Thanks for joining in the polka doodle challenge