I made this for a girl that was diagnosed with a form of cancer. She likes owls, crafts and photography so I bought one of those photo albums from the dollar store and decorated it up a bit. Dustin Pike was nice enough to send anyone that was making her something a few owl freebies that he created...so cute!! Figured she could use the album to put some of her fav pictures in and I also stamped several different owl images and put them inside for her to color.
I misted the background paper with a few different shimmerz spritz. Colored the image with Prismas and OMS. Added a little glossy accents to the camera lens and flash although you can't really see it in the picture. I customized the K&Co. tags with my JustRite stamp kit. Made the flower following a tutorial here. Embossed the back page and cut then embossed the stamp with my Cuttlebug.
Etsy Inspired - Inspired by the owl and colors here.
A Spoon Full of Sugar - 3D something
Die Cut Dreams - Make your own flower
Digital Tuesday - Anything but a card and use a digi
Crafty Creations - Create your own background
Charisma Cardz - Girlie with flowers
Cute Card Thursday - Make your own
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 3:17 PM
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Well, some stuff has moved since a few weeks ago and some stuff hasn't. I have not had much time the past two weeks to craft but I hope things will slow down a bit soon and I will get to play with some new goodies I just bought!
Last time I had a few questions I wanted to answer.
1. Is green my fav color?? Nope, my fav color is actually blue! I painted that room green because I share it as a hunting room with my hubby...that is why you have seen deer heads in some of my pictures before! There are also lots of skins and a mounted turkey feather, beard, feet thing....LOL! Everyone wonders how I can create with all that stuff looking at me and I just say...well you get used to it. It was either put all that stuff in this room OR put it in the living room! I can deal with it in my craft room!! The good news is that when we move we will have our own separate rooms!! YAY!!!
2. What is in the pop tart box?? I am sad to say that there are not pop-tarts in the box (I had already eaten all of them...HEHE!). I actually use it to store my tubes of cheapie glitter! The caps don't stay on very good...they don't twist on or anything....so I thought to myself that this would make a perfect box for such thing and it works great!! :) Food for thought!! LOL!
Thanks for stopping by to look at my "not so tidy anymore" craft room!!
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 9:23 PM
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
My pal Annmaree over at Emu Creations has tagged me and I am supposed to tell 10 things I love and give 5 pieces of trivia about myself....then tag 5 other people.
10 Things I Love
2. Friends (my blogland buddies too!)
3. My crafty supplies
4. A good movie
7. Clothes that fit
8. My job
9. Having good health
10. Being able to be myself
5 Pieces of Trivia
1. I have flown an airplane
2. I was voted biggest eater in my class during highschool
3. I have never tried to ice skate or snow ski
4. Whenever possible I try to watch the Lifetime channel...totally addicting!!
5. I will be married 3 years this June
Now the lucky five (tried to pick people I didn't think had already been tagged) I am passing this onto are:
2. Sammye Jo
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 4:11 PM
I got ahold of Rach and the tutorial she made is once again available here! YAY!! Now get to crafting!! LOL!
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 3:01 PM
This is a new digi image called "Special Delivery" and it will be available for purchase at the Doodle Palace store starting tomorrow! I think it is just the sweetest image! My friend from France that I met in college just had a baby girl and I thought I would send her a few onesie outfits along with this congratulations card...atleast I hope that is how you say congratulations in French!! HEHE! I do not speak the language so I cheated and looked it up online! :P
Crafty Sentiments - Sketch (I had to move the sentiment to the side because it just didn't look right all crunched into a corner.)
Sophisticat - Card for a child
C.R.A.F.T - Pink and brown
Stamping Vacation - Color search (I used brown and clay)
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 2:51 PM