Here are some winnings I want to show you! I have been so lucky! Early x-mas for me...LOL!
The above picture is what I won from Claudia at Die Cuts R Us when she was having the BIG copic sale...by the way she still has some great sales going on so you should check out her store! There are 12 A2 size papers and she was nice enough to include two stamped images she thought I would like and of course I do!!! I want to get good at using copics first so I don't mess them up! :)
This is a goodie bag I won from a Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge! There are 2 stamped images, some ribbon, some special paper to stamp on (not sure of the brand), and some pretty tissue paper! I'm wondering if I could use the tissue paper to put on a candle?? That would be soooo pretty!!
This is what I won from the Pick 3 challenge over at Stamping Vacation! If you haven't tried this out you really need to...so fun! If you win Denise lets you pick from 3 prizes...that is so awesome! :) I got some silver leaf stickers and an SEI "Love" book! So pretty! I have an idea for the book I just need to figure out how to put it all together. :P
I won this new release stamp set of new dad Ian and mom Anya from The Greeting Farm. All I had to do was join in a blog hop (I won from Pam's Blog...she is a DT member of Club Anya)! Been doing alot of those lately...it is fun to see everyone's creations. They are all so different and yet all so lovely! Anyways, love, love, love this new set!!
I won this little stamp set from Vikki over at Vikki's Creations. Isn't it so cute? The bee is so adorable and I have another stamp that will go perfect with it!
Last but not least this is some candy I won over at SPCC. It is a metallic chalk set and stencils from Pebbles! This I haven't actually received in the mail yet but it should be here anyday! So exciting!!
A special thank you to all of you!!! I just LOVE everything I receive! I have always loved getting mail so to get a present or candy is even better! :) You are all so very generous!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Here are some winnings I want to show you! I have been so lucky! Early x-mas for me...LOL!
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 7:12 PM
Friday, October 30, 2009
This is my first House Mouse card. Saw this stamp and thought it was so adorable...actually all the house mouse furry animals are super cute! I just love animals and used to raise rabbits when I was younger...would love to do it again someday. I tried to use a sketch for this but it just wasn't working so I did my own thing and I'm glad I did! I read Claudia's tips on Copics over at Die Cuts R Us and I think it really helped me understand blending...she also includes some other great tips. Now I know it isn't perfect but I do think I am improving! Can you tell I blended two colors of each (green, pink and brown)?? What do you think...pretty good for a beginner?? I even did an outline shading...this was so much fun to color and completely out of my comfort zone...guess that is why they call all these challenges! LOL! I also used my new gold stickles from some candy I won not long ago to dot the satin ribbon and I can't say enough how much I just LOVE stickles!!! Okay now for the challenges and don't forget to let me know what you think about my coloring...or anything else you might like!
Peachy Keen #14 - card, pink and brown, stamped image, 1 ribbon and glitter
ABC - G is for green
Simon Says - All that sparkles
Allsorts #24 - Furry Friends
Sophisticat #8 - Pink and Brown plus flowers
Creative Clear Stamps Challenge - buttons
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 4:25 PM
Thanks to SammyeJo over at 62 cards for giving me this award! She is such a sweet Southern gal and I also truly enjoy her style! She makes and sells just the cutest stuff... you really need to check it out...especially the new buttons she makes...they are so awesome!
Now for the rules: I need to pass this award on to five people, post on their blog to let them know I left this award, and then I need to answer a list of questions in ONE word.
1.Where is your cell phone? purse
2.Your hair? curly
3. Your mother? giving
4. Your father? remarkeable
5. Your favorite food? EVERYTHING!!
6.Your dream last night? strange
7. Your favorite drink? juice
8. Your dream/goal? big
9. What room are you in? computer
10. Your hobby? lots
11. Your fear? failure
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? happy
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something that you aren't? perfect
15. Muffins? please! :)
16. Wish list item? money
17. Where did you grow up? Indiana
8. Last thing you did? lunch
19. What are you wearing? pj's (LOL)
20. Your TV? lifetime
21. Your Pets? 2
22. Friends? many
23. Your life? busy
24. Your mood? varies
25. Missing Someone? grandparents
26. vehicle? SUV
27. Something your not wearing? glasses
28. Your favorite store? online
29. Your favorite color? blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? Wednesday
32. Your best friend? DH
33. One place that I go to over and over? Wal-mart
34. Facebook? Nope
35. Favorite place to eat? kitchen
Wow, that is hard to only come up with ONE word!
Now onto the 5 people I am passing this onto in no particular order:
My second award is the "Friend" award from Linda at Payne Holler Cards. Thank you so much...this means so much to me! Linda is so super talented and I just love visiting her blog! You really need to check it out for yourself!
For this award I am supposed to tell you 5 things about myself...oh boy where to begin?
1. My husband and I have traveled all over the world and he proposed to me along the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. There are still LOTS of places I want to visit! If I won the lottery I think I would travel all the time!
2. My hair is naturally wavy/curly and although I get told all the time that people wish they had my hair so they didn't have to get perms, etc. I think it can be annoying to manage...most of the time I just let it do what it wants because the more I fuss with it the worse it looks! For those of you out there with that type of hair I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about...we have our good hair days and our bad...and yes the weather totally affects it! LOL!
3. I love to cook! And luckily I have been told I am an excellent cook! :) I fix easy as well as very gourmet meals. Super fun creating new meals that we love and I have a hard time following recipes...always gotta add my own touch!
4. I like to do organic gardening. I don't believe in using pesticides/insecticides...although I don't go crazy and buy all organic at the store and I know most foods I eat probably have something on it that will kill me BUT we usually plant a big garden and I don't put any pesticides/insecticides on it. I do have some organic tricks I use and sometimes they work and sometimes not. I just feel blessed for whatever I can get and it feels so good knowing where my food came from and that it won't harm me!
5. I am addicted to food! HA! No wonder I can't lose those extra pounds I put on! Although I eat fairly healthy main meals I do love my sweets. It is so hard to turn those down...but I am working on it! Pies, cookies, cakes, etc. They call my name...LOL! Especially anything fruit flavored...give me a cherry pie and I'm in heaven! I could care less about chips and candy just give me fruity dessert! Now I do eat chocolate on occassion..not often though. And when I do I go for the hazelnut flavored kind like Mon Cheri (the non cherry kind which I have not been able to find anywhere for a few years now...VERY SAD!), Toffifay, Belgium chocolates that look like shells! MMMMmmm, now I'm hungry! LOL!
Enough about me...now to pass this onto 5 other friends. Can't wait to read and learn about you!
Thanks again ladies for the 2 wonderful awards...it has been a big encouragment boost! I appreciate it very much! :)
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 1:28 PM
Okay ladies...I'm back in action! Thanks for being patient while I took a little break (won't bore you with the long explanation)...it has been 5 days since creating anything...YIKES!!! I noticed I have a few new followers and I am tickled pink about this....thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!! :) Almost to 25 and that just makes me so giddy!!! I will warn you that I might be posting alot as I have some serious catching up to do in the next few days. I spent all morning today trying to catch up on my hopping now I need to post some stuff! So let's rock n' roll!!
This is a set of toasting glasses I made for a friends wedding. She had a fall theme so I used the same ribbon she used for some things in the wedding and I found these great fall leaves to attach with a string to the bottom...package of leaves were only 99 cents at Hobby Lobby! I used the Storybook cricut cart to cut out my monogram and then etched on the glass. Once again not so easy to etch on something that is round but I'm getting better! :)
KL Stampin and Scrappin Challenge - fall colors
La-La Land Crafts Challenge #10 - ribbon
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 12:09 PM
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Didn't get much response on my copic blending or my candy vote...where are you?
Hmmm?? Maybe out shopping??? Hope you return soon and bring some friends!!
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 4:37 PM
Monday, October 26, 2009
Digi is free from There's Magic in the Air.
No card today...getting ready to go take some senior pictures (I also do some amateur photography). I debated whether I should post this or not but I want some real honest feedback. I can color with my new Copics but I have no clue how to blend and that is part of the point of even owning copics to begin with right?! So I sat down one evening while watching TV and had a serious go at it. This is how it turned out. I realized that blending causes major bleeding outside the lines!! YIKES!! Not sure how to stop this?? I worked hard to push it back in but it all did not go. I'm sure if I fussed with it more I could of made even more progress but I got tired...LOL! Anyways, looking for HONEST feedback! I would love to hear what you like and what I could improve upon...or tips/suggestions on how you color with Copics would be helpful also!! Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks so much and enjoy the rest of your day...it is beautiful outside!! YAH! No rain! :)
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 2:46 PM
Sunday, October 25, 2009
This is a card for my MIL. I think it turned out soooo pretty!! I used my cricut Wild Cards cart to cut out the card. Cut out the cupcake top separately and popped it with 3-D squares. Then embossed happy birthday in vanilla on black cardstock inside (used a dryer sheet that someone gave me a tip on since I don't have an embossing buddy yet...THANKS!). Attached a few buttons with hemp twine. Glittered up the flame on the candle and glued some spangles on the cupcake top. Oh so yummy!
Also, some of you have not read my post about voting on how I should give away candy...either that or you didn't read far enough (shame on you if that is the case!...LOL!) I would also be happy if I could get more followers...hint, hint!! No pressure though...I don't want you to follow unless you REALLY want to...and I appreciate all the comments my regular followers leave...THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Means so much to me!! So if you want to vote (or follow) please check back on 10/21 and read my goodies in the mail post.
Stamping Vacation - Pick 3 Challenge ... I chose anything metallic (spangles), colors that are names of food (vanilla embossing powder) and gems (spangles...atleast I would call that a gem!)
Just Buggin' - Make a die cut card using any cricut cart
Cute Card Thursday - sweet/candy theme
Corrosive Challenge - make a different shaped card
Crafty Catz - buttons or brads
Posted by Stacie (craft-princess) at 7:49 PM