Thursday, April 15, 2010

You've Got Mail...


Digi image is from Doodle Palace

Isn't this just the cutest giraffe?! How funny would that be looking over your fenced in yard and seeing this cutie delivering your mail!! Yes, I know it will never happen but it is still a fun thought! What can I say I have a good imagination as I'm sure most of you do too...it is part of our creative nature! :)

This was also my first attempt at weaving on a card....NOT EASY! But I think it turned out better than expected.

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar - Fun or humorous
Lily-Boo Too - Yellow, pale green and blossom
Doodle Palace - Funny animals
ABSC019 - Sketch (I did weaving instead of using individual squares)
Sisterhood of Scrap Hop (Susan's Challenge) - Paper weaving
Penny's - Anything goes
Crafty Creations - ONLY 1 image, 1 DP and 1 embellishment
Simon Says - Movie and dry embossing (Based on the ever popular 1998 movie "You've Got Mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks!)

Thanks for stopping by my little ole blog! Hope you enjoy what you see!
I gotta get ready to do some tile work....yes I am a "Jack" or shall I say "Jill" of all trades! :P

-Stacie

25 Comments:

craftieodmae said...

very cute card and yes it would be funny to see this is my back yard LOL>

Loopylou. said...

oh he's cute too!! thankyou for poping back into LB2 with him xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is so cute! If only giraffes really did bring the mail... :) I like the various papers you used for the border!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

-Sarah

Andrea said...

Very cute! Great image and colours!
Thanks for playing along with our sketch this week, and good luck!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

OMG I absolultely LOVE this card, the paper weaving is awesome love the embossed bits and that giraffe is the cutest, yes I can totally imagine it, you and me have a great imagination I think!!!

Keep up the great work!

aardvarkpest said...

Sweet card. Love the colours and the cute image

Glenda

Annette Bowes said...

Stacie you have been a very busy girl, love your card, cute image, love your truffle box too, take careX:)

Deanne Clarke said...

Adorable!!!

Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps Blog and Sisterhood of Scraps blog!

Dawnll said...

I think it is adorable, reminds me of Jeffrey the Giraffe that use to be in the Toys R Us toy ads. Not sure if he still is. My kids loved him.
Great colors and weaving sweetie!

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card, fab cute image and gorgeous colours.
luv
Debby

~JulieH~ said...

Oh soooo cute! Thanks for joining in at LB2 this month
Juliexx

katesacraftybugger said...

cute giraffe and lovely colours , thanks for playing again at LB2

Merry said...

This is wonderful Stacie....so love the weaving...something for me to try. That giraffe is too cute.

Sammye Jo said...

EEK!!! Totally cute!!!!!

xoxo-Sammye Jo

Leanne said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous - that giraffe has got to be the cutest!! Thank you for stopping by my blog! xx

Chaosmaus said...

Cute giraffe Card.
Thanks for sharing it at Doodle Palace.
Kerstin

Kristina said...

Oh he's so cute! Love the textures you've included on your card. Thanks for stopping back at LB2 for another go!
Hugs,
Kristina

Kylie said...

Super CUTE Stacie!!! Love the weaving and the colours. You image is so cute!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps Blog!

Have a great week,
Take Care,
Kylie X

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Stacie, what a cute little card.....Love that image!
Great twist to our AnnaBelle Stamps challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck!

Unknown said...

Very cute!! Great card!

Doodle Palace said...

Always love your embossing!! Very cute!! Thanks SO much for joining us this week at Doodle Palace!

Dee and Robin

Rene Sharp said...

Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with Annabelle Stamps.

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work!!

Greetings,
Saskia (Guest Designer)

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Stacie this is just gorgeous, the image is fab i love it and your weaving looks super. xxxx

Kazzy73 said...

He is so cute would love him as my postman lol
Thanks for joining us at LB2 this month.
Karen x x x