Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gift Pocket Card!





Digi is from Doodle Palace and it is from this weeks new release! Should be available sometime tomorrow!
Sentiment is a JustRite stamp!

Okay, so I decided to be a little adventurous this evening and try a new project. This is a pocket card and the tutorial is found here on the Whiff of Joy page by Rach. I thought it would be super super hard to make but nope it is easy!
Now your probably wondering why I chose to color a sunflower pink....well I just decided it looked cuter that way! HEHE! Good enough reason right?
And while I was at it I thought to myself....who said you have to use a ton of hearts and red and tell everyone Happy Valentine's Day or I Love You on the card/project?? I decided NOBODY...hey in my crafting world I sometimes go out of bounds but I think that is what makes a project neat and unique!! So as you see above this is my very un-traditional "Valentine" gift for someone!! LOL! Tell me what you think...I would love to hear if you like my "thinknig outside the box" ideas!!

Challenges:
Corrosive - Love
Practical Scrappers - Die Cuts
Cute Card Thursday - Flowers
Secret Crafter - hearts (only one but there is one on the flower pot!)
ABSC012 - Sketch and bling
Artful Inkables #12 - Spring (colors)
DCRU - Sugar Rush (colors)
Sophisticat - Love
JustRite003 - Valentine Love
Stamping Vacation - Pick 3 (I chose to use wire...it is binding the ribbon in the middle, 2 different die-cuts...circle from Spellbinders Nesties and scallop from Cricut, image that grows...the flower)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and checking out my projects. I enjoy reading all the feedback you give me! Have a great rest of the evening or day depending on where you live!! :)

-Stacie
Doodle Palace DT

30 Comments:

Sammye Jo said...

Hi my super sweet bloggy buddy :) Congrats on your new DT position by the way! I love this pocket card! I'll take the candy too! Thanks for joining us at DCRU!! You rock :) Talk later!

Sammye Jo
DCRU DT

Annette Bowes said...

Great project, might just have to case this one, very pretty dsp, take careX:)

Mel X said...

Great little creation.

Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week

Mel X

kelly ledder said...

Such abeautiful card, love what you have done with the image x

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE it!!! Like you said Hearts arent for everyone and I just adore this one to bits!!! (and not just cos it has chocolate inside :-D)

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling project!! Love the papers and flower image!! Thanks for playing with us at DCRU!!
Sheri~DCRU DT

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is a wonderful idea! Thank you for playing with us this week at Practical Scrappers.
Hugs
Tanya

Cara said...

Super cute pocket card! Thanks for joining us at DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Courtney Baker said...

Wow that is cool. I so need to try that!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Sweet Stacie! What a great project idea...Pretty pps and even one of my fav treats...LOL! Thanks for sharing this with us at DCRU!

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

gina g said...

Wow this is fabulous love the pretty papers and thanks for the link. Thanks for joining the Sophisticats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

Kylie said...

What a super cute little treat holder! Love your image, so sweet!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Ruthie said...

Loving this - so cute! Rx

Unknown said...

What a cool card! I love this idea!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Gift Card Holder, love it, many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week, Hugs Avril xxxx

LORi said...

What cuteness you have here!! Woo hoo!!
Great work!!
Thanks for sharing with DCRU this week!!

DCRU Hugs - LORi

Heather Schlatter said...

This is very creative I love all the views of it you did a great job on your challenge for this week!!!!

Thanks for playing with us!!!

Heather DCRU DT

shortywithastory said...

Wonderful project!!! Might have to lift this great treat for Valentine's treats for my kiddo's teachers. Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers - I look forward to seeing more of your work soon!

Amber said...

LOVE this! Definitely have to check out the tutorial and try to make a card like yours! The colors you used are BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful job.
DCRU Hugs
Amber

Sarah said...

Oh what a wonderful pocket card!! Ingenious! Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers!

America said...

great project. Its adorable!

Curt in Indy said...

I don't even really like Valentine's Day! LOL I never really have. So your non traditional card it perfect! This is a great project and you did a great job with it. I love being in my own world too! Loved reading this post! Best, Curt

~*Joni said...

Stacie this is so sweet! I'll have to pop over there for this wonderful tutorial, you've done a great job with all the challenges! Thank you so much for joining us at DCRU this week. :D
~*Joni DCRU DT

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Very pretty!

TFS! hugs, margie

Mandy said...

Gorgeous pocket card, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats
Hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Oh this is so pretty, what a lovely gift.

Thanks again for joining us at Sophisticats this week.

Jan x

Mary said...

What a great gift idea!!

Denise Clark said...

Very pretty! Makes me long for Spring! This card has a very happy, carefree feel to it! I love that your sunflower is PINK! :) Makes me smile that we can venture out past what we feel is "supposed" to be. Love it!

Thanks so much for playing along with the PICK 3 challenge!

Brendabee said...

What a beautiful card!! I tried to find the tutorial and the video is no longer available. Is there another place where I can find the tutorial? I would love to make this card for my ill clients.
Thanks,

Rach said...

You did a fantastic job with your pocket card hun.. looks gorgeous.xx