Sunday, August 21, 2011

Diaper Cake!

I'm back to show you the diaper cake I made that matches the card earlier for the baby shower today! This was so fun to make and much easier than I had thought it would be. It was a little tricky holding the diapers all by myself but I managed. I looked up a few tutorials and then added my own twist to them. For the center I used two small travel sized baby powder bottles on top of each other instead of the normal paper towel cardboard or bottle. The base is usually made out of cardboard or plastic trays but I came up with the idea of using a 12 inch pizza pan! It worked perfect and made carrying the cake a breeze because it was so sturdy! The little rubber duck on top has a hole in the bottom so I used a small coffee stirrer in it and just poked it in between a rolled up diaper in the middle. I also had the idea to fold up the washcloths and pin them like diapers and just for something different I fanned the one that had ducks all over it!
Needless to say this was a big hit at the shower amongst all those women!





Challenges:
Creative Craft - Anything but a card
Phindy's Place - Something new
Sir Stampalot - Whatever you fancy

22 Comments:

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! Gorgeous!!
Your 1st diaper cake looks awesome!!
Love the ducks and the way you folded the washcloth to look like diapers very clever!!
Love the matching card so adorable!!

THERESA said...

This came out absolutely gorjuss, love it!!!
Can understand why everybody went gagga over it,lol, perfect!!
lotsa luv

Merry said...

This is so brilliant Stacie......you have done a great job. I am also popping in to say Happy Birthday. :-) A parcel has left my place and should be over the ocean on it's way to you. Was late leaving...left Friday. Wishing you a wonderful day.

Annie said...

I am so impressed. What a brilliant idea.
Hugs,
A x

Lorraine said...

wow this is amazing i love it xx

Anonymous said...

Hello a wonderful job.
A stunning design.
Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week!
**Karla

Christina Hicks said...

If my son and daughter in law lived in the US I would totally make them one of these. Their baby is due in less than a month, woohoo lol. This is just so dang precious. I bet it was a big hit!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is lovely I have never done one of these x Leigh x

pinky said...

Absolutely brilliant, great gift idea. Thanks for joining us at sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Dawnll said...

THIS TURNED out wonderful!!!
Love the colors and those cute animals are the perfect touch.
I am so glad everyone enjoyed.
Oh yea-HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!

Payne Holler Cards said...

yikes! this is incredible!!! you are so talented!!!
thanks for joining us at Phindys Place again (-:
hugs
Linda

brenda said...

What an unusual adn imaginative creation.

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work and joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Cec said...

What a great project to go with your adorable card. Love the little washcloths made into diapers. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Francesca said...

Beautiful Creation

Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Nikbee said...

A wonderful nappy cake. I love washcloths pinned like nappies. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Becky B. said...

Great job, Stacie!! You're so stinkin' clever!! ;) Bet the mommy-to-be loved it, didn't she?!?

cheryl said...

oh this is one briliant idea just love this,to bits,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxx

Tracy said...

Fabulous Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kimberly said...

Oh super cute cake,,,did you notice my diaper art on todays post...how fun to put together. tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Unknown said...

Wow this is gorgeous Stacie, I love seeing these diaper cakes, not common at all in Malta , had never heard of them before. Thanks for joining us with our All About Babies Blog Hop. Good luck in the draw. Hugs xx

Beverley said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Bev x

ediapercakes.com said...

Your rubber ducky cake is adorable! I love all the different things you put on it.