Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tasty Tuesday and Tags!

Welcome back to Tasty Tuesday! Today I want to share something I made for my side and hubby's side of the family for Christmas plus a few extra for neighbors and the postal guy!

First I tried out a few different tags to see which one I liked better and which one was easier to reproduce quickly as I had to make several of them. All of them use the same stamp from Stampin' Up and I spritzed them with a green colored shimmerz. Then went around the edges with distress ink and finally topped them off with a snowflake and dew drop! Voila! Cute little tags to go with a gift! :)

On this tag I used flower soft on the bottom and puffy paint at the top....puffy paint took too long to dry. Yep, I get impatient!


This one uses some kind of glass....not the stuff I just posted about earlier today....but still made out of glass. Sorry can't remember the exact name but got it at Hobby Lobby. This one really sparkles (too bad you can't see it in the pic) and it was hubby's fav but I decided it probably wasn't the best idea to give with food....just in case! Always thinking of safety! :)


These are what I decided to go with ... nice and fluffy flowersoft on the top and bottom! I took a few different posed pics as I was pretty proud of them all! :)








Finally the yummy food!! BEER BREAD!!! I made two kinds....regular and my fav which is whole wheat with garlic and cheddar! YUM!! Goes great with soup during the winter!


This is what the final product looks like all packaged up and ready to hand out!


Now for the recipe!! It is soooooooooooooo difficult to make *chuckle*....a total of 3 ingredients!! LOL!! Yep, you read that right ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS!!!
Click HERE for the regular beer bread recipe and click HERE for the whole wheat version (I added some shredded cheese and garlic powder to mine). Now get to baking!! :)

Entering tags into the following challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy - No Designer Paper
Cupcake Craft - New (new technique, new shimmerz)
Phindy's Place - Distressing
Let's Ink It Up - Anything Goes

21 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OH WOW, these are Terrific and Tantilizing indeed!!!

Really love the tags, they are tremendous!

(yep trying to stick with the T theme!)

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous tags and I really love mine!!
Its hanging in my scrap room!!
What stamp is the tree I need to get one!!
Those breads sounds so good!!
Love how you package them!!
Hugs!!

Dawnll said...

Oh these tags are adorable- love you made so many version till you liked one.
Oh I have to check out this recipe with only three ingredients.
Thanks for sharing sweetie

Linda . J said...

Beautiful tags love the design and colours
Thank you for joining our No Design Paper at Woopsie Daisy .
Hugs Linda

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Stacie, what gorgeous tags. I love the traditional tree image and your distressing looks fantastic. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Curt in Indy said...

Your tags are GORGEOUS! Every version. Just beautiful. I also chuckled at your worry over the "glass stuff" with the food. Too cute you are! The bread looks amazing. Just might have to give it a go! Great stuff! Best, Curt

Faye said...

What an adorable tag, it is soo pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cupcake. x

Lynda Nielsen said...

These tags are wonderful. and your distressing really makes these tags look so vintage. Beautiful work. Thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place for this weeks distressing challenge.
Hugs,
Lynda

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Stacie this looks amazing what wonderful tags and that bread looks delicious.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Payne Holler Cards said...

these are stunningly gorgeous!! they are really pieces of art!!!
bread sounds so delicious (-:
so glad to see you entering our challenge at Phindy's Place
hugs GF!

Unknown said...

Love your tags and what a wonderful use for them. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Becky B. said...

STUNNING tags!!! Also, thanks for sharing the link for the whole wheat beer bread...I'll be trying that one out for sure!!!

Claire said...

Gorgeous tags and the beer bread looks delish! Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck and hope to see you again soon
Claire xx

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

WOW, your tags are totally gorgeous and what a cool way to use them. Thanks so much for sharing your work with our challenge at WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, wonderful Tag. Thanks for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge.

Hugs Heike ♥

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Your tags are lovely, beautiful colours! Thank you for joining us at the LIIU and hope you can join us again soon ;) Hugs, Joanna x

Sammye Jo said...

LOVE these! And the bread sounds yummy. I bet the cheese and garlic made it even better!!!

Anne said...

What lovely tags, great "snow" on the trees!
Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Anne

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

I like them all, brilliant idea. Thanks for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Agnieszka M said...

Wow, your tags are stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU this month and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Cor* said...

oooooooooooooo love those tags.......actually Love MY TAG the best! Did u get my e-mail that I got your package. I made a card with the stamp, will be posting next week!! Thanks a bunch! Mwah!