Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sunburst Boat


Digi is from TMITA

This is something I have NEVER tried before and I think it turned out pretty neat! I wasn't sure if I should go with just green grass because near the water the grass is usually patchy with sand and grass, so that is the effect I was going for here by using sand and sage flowersoft. Do you like the two tone look or do you think it should be all green??

Challenges:
Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - Sketch
Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays - Use the color "Kraft"
Digital Tuesday - water, beach or tropical (I thought of boating!)
Stamping Vacation No-No Challenge - No brads or eyelets!
Stamping Vacation What A Guy Challenge - Anything that represents speed

14 Comments:

Dawnll said...

Wow girl this is fabulous! I like the patchy look because it is that way and it is also so scratchy and sharp walking through it . Sorry just thought of my last walk at the beach!
I love the coloring , man you are really good.Where have you been hiding your stuff.

Crystal said...

Awesome sunburst...wow what a great and creative card!

Kelly S. said...

LOVE this! What a cool scene! The flower soft grass leading up to the boat is perfect! Like walking up a hilly meadow to get to the pond!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is WICKED cool!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous!!
Love the sun so creative!!
I love the patch look the best!
You rocked this challenge!!

Anonymous said...

OH WOW this is fabulous!!!

Love that flowersoft, and the sun shape really brings out that beautiful image!!!!

I think it looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card! It just screams summertime! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

What a fun little scene! love the sun and your grass looks perfect! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Unknown said...

cracking card! I love the patchy look! it's just right! Thank you so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse stamps!

Cheryl said...

WOW this is brilliant.....I love it!!!
xx

Ellibelle said...

This is fantastic. Love how you placed the image inside the sun. Super fun!
Thanks so much for joining us at Digituesday!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Beautiful! I like the two tone. :) Thanks for playing with us at SSDS this week. Stop by my blog for a chance at candy. Only a few days left! :)

Merry said...

Fantastic...such a terrific layout and great colouring. Love the use of the flower soft. Funny I only used this image myself last weekend...so much fun to colour.

Sally said...

Thank you for your kind comments, loving this card, wish we had just a little bit of that sunshine at the mo!
Sally. x