Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I see London.....I see France....

Shame on you for thinking about looking at my underpants!!! LMAO!! I know it is bad humor but maybe a few of you will get a chuckle out of it.



I am not 100 percent happy with this card but thought I would show it anyways. Been trying new things lately and this is the first time I have ever tried putting a tag on a card. The one thing I wish I did different was use an eiffel tower stamp or die cut instead of a digi. I am not that good at cutting out pieces in the middle of an image and I wish those two white spaces in the middle were gone!! Grrr! I know most of you would just get your trusty craft knife out and go to town but me and my craft knife don't get along very well! LOL!

Challenges:
Etsy Inspired - Inspired by the pendant HERE
Clearly Delightful CDBC8 - Use a tag
Fab N' Funky - Favorite color(s) ... my fav color is BLUE!!
Crafty Sentiments - Chipboard or cardboard (tag is cardboard)
A Crafty Little Place - Use a tag
Delightful Sketches and Challenges - Distressing
Creative Inspirations - Recycled Element (tag is cardboard from packaging)
Stamping Vacation Very Vintage - Anything faded
Stamping Vacation Special Month - If the eiffel tower isn't art I don't know what is!! So this is one of my interpretations of artist appreciation!

Thanks for stopping by and while your here check out the candy I have up for grabs...it is a post that will stay at the top of my blog!

-Stacie

20 Comments:

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I think this is fabulous and I love that you stamped across your tag like you did. Would never even notice the white spaces...I think they bring your eye to the tower now that you mention it. Also, don't get along with my crafty knife. Don't change a thing. Thanks for playing along at ACLP!

Crystal said...

This is FANTASTIC!!!! I love the tag and your embossing!!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card!! Love the distressing & embossing!! Your use of a tag is perfect!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Nicole said...

OH MY STACIE, that was funny (underpants)! I love your card, what a cute image of the eiffel tower! LOVE the tag! Perfect for our challenge at ACLP!! Thanks for playing along! Nicole-ACLP DT

Annmaree of Oz said...

this is fabulous, I love it!!!


GREAT tag, and i love anything french parisian!

way to go!

SmilynStef said...

Love the post-mark ... fabulous inspired design.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Stacie, it may not have turned out the way you wanted but I think its really cute. Your little tower is cute. I agree though, the cutting can be a pain, but you really did a pretty good job on this one. Thanks for trying something new for our challenge this week at ACLP.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP

Cor* said...

This is great. I too like to try new things. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative inspirations for our recycling challenge. I also am a member of the Stamping Vacation DT....nice to meet you.......I am now a follower. Take Care.

Ashley Newell said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you colored it! Thanks for taking the time to play along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

Suzi Mac said...

Great card, love the recycle element. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

CarlaKH said...

Heheh catchy title there! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at CDBC!

Heather said...

Cool card, love the embossing and great use of cardboard. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments. Heather:)

pinky said...

Its lovely, great background with the script and love the tag. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Pinky

Denise Clark said...

I like it Stacie! I think you did a terrific job with it. I don't do many tags myself but I love the effect! Your Eiffel tower looks great! Me and the ole Xacto don't have a great relationship either but hubby told me to just take it slow and spend some time with it so we get to know each other a bit better. ;) It worked...well sort of. Still not my favorite tool!

thanks for playing along with Stamping Vacation's challenges!

Emma H said...

Your card is lovely, don't worry about the white bits!
Thanks for playing along at Fab N Funky

L.Wilson said...

I think your card is perfectly designed! The gentle sponging around the edge really sets the stage, the coloring on the eiffel is beautiful, and the embossing on the BG is a wonderfully accenting backdrop. Thank you for entering CDBC8!

Lisa said...

Great job!!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Crafty Sentiments

jaine drake said...

It's lovely, I don't know why your not happy with it! Thanks for entering my challenge at creative inspirations this week.

K. Joy said...

How cute! I love the dry embossing. I really need to do that more often! Thanks for playing at the CDBC!! :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Thanks so much for joining in on the CDBC fun. Fun card!