Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Apron and Recipe!



This is an apron my mom made for me and I just LOVE the pattern on the fabric! Isn't is wonderful? It fits perfect too so THANKS MOM!!! Hmmm, wonder what else I can get her to make for me?

And a few of you have asked for the Pineapple Zucchini Bread recipe so I thought I would just post here for everyone.
The recipe is from Taste of Home but I modified it to make it a bit healthier and my changes will be in (parenthesis).

PINEAPPLE ZUCCHINI BREAD
Makes 2 loaves (I actually made one full size loaf and used a 4 section mini loaf pan from Pampered Chef for the other)

Ingredients:
3 eggs (egg-beaters or sometimes I do half real egg and half egg-beaters)
2 C. finely shredded zucchini (I use more because I love zucchini!)
1 C. vegetable oil (substitute 1/2 cup of the oil for 1/2 cup applesauce)
1 can that is 8 ounces of crushed pineapple - drained
2 t. vanilla extract
3 C. all-purpose flour
2 C. sugar (substitute 1 cup of regular sugar with 1 cup Splenda)
2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
You can also add 1 cup of nuts and raisins but I leave them out.

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir into egg mixture just until moistened. If using nuts and raisins add those at this time.
Pour into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

ENJOY!!!
Let me know if you make this recipe and how you like it!
-Stacie

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome apron, I really love that pattern too!!!!

Dawnll said...

Oh I love a recipe, I even have the pampered chef loaf set too.
Thanks for sharing.
I love an apron, I collect many, nice one from mom.

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Stacie:
I hope you don't mind that I posted your recipe on my recipe blog and posted your blog address so folks can let you know that they did make it. Please if you can send me some pix of this recipe so I can post them as well. thanks so much again I hope you don't mind. also I just love the apron you sure can't find nice ones any more and I just love them My Italian Grandmother always had one on . God Bless her I miss her deeply. will be back real soon
love the blog .
~ God Bless ~
Hugs:o)
Dottie

Becky B. said...

YUMMMMM! This sounds DELICIOUS! TFS!!

Merry said...

What a terrific apron...I agree the pattern on the material is wonderful. Thanks so much for the recipe....I will be trying this out on the weekend...Yum! I have the Zucchini but not the pineapple.

Michelle H. said...

Beautiful Apron!!
How special that is that you mom made it!!
OMG!! This recipe sounds so yummy!!
I will have to try it some day!!
I love zucchinni bread but never tried with pinmeapple!
Thanks so much FS!!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous apron, that bread sounds great!!!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Love that apron. Should have had your mom help my daughter with sewing. Thanks for the bread recipe. YUM!

Cheryl said...

Oh I love your gorgeous apron and its even better when it is a handmade gift from mum!!! Your recipe sounds YUMMO,TFS!!
xx

Merry said...

Hey Stacie, I made this bread yesterday and it is very yummy...I will be making it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Gail said...

I'm lovin your fur babies.sorry to be pain in the butt but I have to ask.When you shred the zucchini do you squeeze all the liquid out before you use it.

Hugs
Gail