Thursday, December 17, 2009

Whimsy Santa and another glue review....




I'm going to start with the glue review. As you can see I have two different sticks of glue. The top one is UHU and the bottom one is Scrapbooking Memories. In accordance with the new federal guidlines I must state that I received the UHU glue free of charge for honest feedback! So the first thing I noticed was the size of the UHU glue stick...MUCH bigger than any other I have ever seen so that is a plus! Also I noticed that it is tinted purple....a BIG plus so you can see exactly where you are applying the glue! The scrapbooking memories brand is small and isn't colored. So I started my card and noticed that the UHU glue was much easier to use because of these features! They both act about the same as far as adhesive goes...it will curl your paper so you must act quickly! I typically use a glue roller but I think this would be more economical to use on paper. The drawback is you can't use the stick on everything. I tried using the UHU stick on my ribbon but it just wouldn't hold tight enough so I moved on to my trusted glue roller.
Bottom line...if your looking for a cheaper way of adhering just paper items you might want to try the UHU glue stick especially with the added features of being BIGGER and also TINTED purple!! Thanks for reading my review!! :)

Now for my card. I used scrap paper. Colored my new Whimsy image with Copics...highlighted just a little with my white gel pen. I am trying to go lighter on this so it doesn't overpower the image! Also tried a new coloring technique on the shoes...what do you think?? Do they look like light is bouncing off of them? Added some puffy paint. Also added some red ribbon at the top with a bow. Then I cut out the snowflakes with my cricut and dazzled them up with my Martha Stewart Florentine Gold glitter!

Don't forget to check out the rest of my blog!
Thanks for visiting! :)

Challenges:
Simon Says - Merry Christmas
C.R.A.F.T Challenge - Free for all
Susie's Sassy Challenge - A touch of gold
Our Creative Corner - sketch
Crazy 4 Challenges - Snowflakes

14 Comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fab card Stacie! Love the papers and your coloring. Great ribbon and gold accents! :)

Merry said...

Great card Stacie and you the colouring is wonderful. Clever girl with the detail on the boots. Yes, I am still trying to catch up...I think this will take forever but it is fun all the same.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the card, I like Uhuh glue too, Couldn't find any on my last shopping trip and came home with a generic brand and it keeps breaking up on me when I try to glue something! tisk tisk! lol.

Jennifer Stricker said...

He's so jolly! Thank you for playing with us at The Fresh Batch. I hope you join us again.

Crafting Queen said...

Adorable image, great card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

Susie Sugar said...

Great jolly card Thanks for joining us at Susie's Sassy Challenge this week.
Merry Christmas
Hugs Susie xx

Dottie said...

I love you Santa card it is so cute Have a very Merry Christmas

Suzi Mac said...

This is so lovely, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week. Good Luck in the draw. and thank you for the review.

Merry Christmas.

Suzi x

Trimgym said...

Just such a lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck! Have a good Christmas.

Jo.

Tracy said...

Cute card, thanks for joining Susie's Sassy Challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Super card Stacie, love the santa he's fab. Thankyou for joining in Susie's Sassy Challenge this week.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Claire Phillips said...

What a lovely Christmas card! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. The image is perfect and the paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Susie's sassy challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Jennifer Meyer said...

Adorable card Stacie, LOVE the jolly design! Thanks for the fun info on the glue sticks!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles, hope to see you in 2010!

Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)