Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lavender Honey Cake


Click HERE and HERE for the two recipes I combined!

I had never used lavender in baking before so it was a new taste experience for me. It was completely different than expected but good. I recommend eating it with some vanilla ice cream instead of plain!!

Notes - Changed the cupcake recipe to 1/2 cup sugar instead of a whole cup.
Icing was too lemony so mixed with more powdered sugar, a little honey and vanilla. Added lavender to the top for decoration!

Enjoy! :)

6 Comments:

Dawnll said...

I bet it smelled heavenly when it was baking

Michelle H. said...

This looks good never had lavender either to eat!
Yes we have had polenta before and I have made it before, but its been like 10 yrs! I need to try making it again!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Yummy!!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Becky B. said...

I've never incorporated lavender into a dish either...gonna have to give this a try. Do you grow your own lavender?

Anonymous said...

looks very tasty!

Merry said...

Now this is different...will have to try it out one day.