Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kale Chips



Figured I would branch out and post a "green" recipe today instead of a dessert (I have come to realize I am addicted to sweets)! Some of you probably think I have gone completely bonkers making chips out of a green leafy vegetable....BUT don't knock it unless you try it! LOL! I have been trying to do much better at eating more veggies and I saw this recipe for kale chips and read rave reviews so I thought I would give it a try. It is a simple process of tearing the leaves off the stems, then massage a little olive oil onto the leaves (this makes the leaves more tender) and sprinkle with some seasoning (I used a garlic and wine seasoning from the Melting Pot). Then bake for about 10 - 12 minutes and voila! A green healthy snacking chip! Believe it or not these were kind of addicting! The first bite was a bit strange as I knew what I was eating...then the second bite I thought wasn't too bad....the third bite even tastier...before I knew it half the bowl was gone! LOL! If any of you brave souls are interested click HERE for the recipe!

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Cor* said...

OMG!! LOL NEVER!! You know me and my "eat what I know".....lol.....sorry I've been absent! Forgive me!?!>

Dawnll said...

Oh yum! I would so eat these, what a fun idea I would have never tried.

Merry said...

Hmmmm...not sure I could get my head around this one.

Annmaree of Oz said...

Looks cool, would love to taste!

Annette Bowes said...

Definately Different lolX:)

Becky B. said...

Interesting! I would be willing to try these, but my dear hubby would NEVER go for it - ha! ha! :)