Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Christmas Granny!



Isn't this just the sweetest looking old lady? I bet she would bake me up a fresh batch of cookies if I came to visit! LOL!

This image is from the SWALK line at Crafter's Companion and it is called "Winter Cheer". You can find it by clicking HERE!

I embossed the background paper and did some real stitching on the outside rim just to frame the image out a little. Colored the image up with my Copics and added some flowersoft to the basket. Also put a bit of glossy accents on her glasses to make them shine. The flower was cut using a sizzix die and I also added flowersoft to the inside to give it more dimension. Hope you like my first Christmas card for this year! :)

Challenges:
Crafter's Companion - Going green
CRAFT challenge - Handmade flower
Cute Card Thursday - Anything goes
Lollipop Crafts - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything goes

9 Comments:

Dawnll said...

I am so happy you joined us this month at Crafters Companion...such a fun use of the stamp... oh yea I think she would make you some cookies if you asked her. She would probably ask you for your recipe...lol
Hugs sweetie

Danni said...

Reminds me of Granny from Looney Tunes! :) Sweet card!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Stacie I don't think its a good sign when you are already ahead of me with the Christmas Cards! LOL!! Just Kidding ;-)

Love this beauty! Great image and embossing!!!

Joy said...

This is such fun image, love it, makes me smile.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Stacy H-W said...

Gorgeous 1st Christmas card!! I really love this old granny stamp. Her glasses just kill me. ha Thanks so much for taking the time to enter in the Going Green Challenge at Crafter's Companion USA Challenge Blog!! Stacy H-W

Unknown said...

Granny is SO cute!!!

AmyT said...

This card is adorable. I love the colors you used. Thanks for playing along at Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog.

Michelle H. said...

Gorgoeus card!! Love it and love the stamp, so adorable!!
Two minds think alike I have been staring at my flower soft and plan on using it soon!!
Love how you used your flower soft!!
Thanks my ear is fine it was just scar tissue thank goodness.
Looking forward to reading all about your camping trip!!

Becky B. said...

She is a cute old lady...and if she bakes you some cookies be sure to share them with me - LOL! :)