Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hot Ham and Cheese Slice



Does this make you hungry? If so please enjoy this recipe from my new Taste of Home 2011 cookbook! I must say it was a nice refreshing change from the normal plain grilled ham and cheese!

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped (I used green because they are cheaper)
2 green onions, chopped
2 T butter
1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 pound sliced swiss cheese

In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter until tender. Sed aside. Unfold pastry. Layer ham, cheese and mushroom mixture off center on each sheet of pastry. Fold pastry over filling and pinch seams to seal. Place in a greased 15 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch baking pan.

Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 8 servings.

ENJOY!!

* If you try this I would love to know what you think! *

-Stacie

8 Comments:

Christina Hicks said...

looks good except for the mushrooms, I cant stand them, but hubby likes them so maybe half with half without, but definitely gotta try this, thanks for the recipe Stacie!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOH I LOVE the look of this, awesome idea, and simple too!

NOM NOM NOM

Merry said...

Mmmmmmm......looks yum!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

OMG, I cant WAIT to try this - scrumptious!!!

Becky B. said...

Oh, WOW! This looks sooo delish!! I'll have to try this recipe...I think my fellas would really like it, too!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stace, I am making this today!!!

Will be sure to take a picture and let you know, I'm sure we'll love it!!!

Curt in Indy said...

Seeing the picture and reading the recipe made my mouth water. Thanks for sharing this! Best, Curt

Lynnette said...

I've not tried this, but it looks so yummy. Don't you just love Taste of Home! SO much good food in there YUMMY