Thursday, June 24, 2010

Butterfly Tag!



Cut the tag out with my Cricut and embossed with Forest Branches folder and sanded. Then added that wonderful gold butterfly sticker I got from my blogging pal "Merry" (Not sure if you want me to mention your real name!!). Then added a few iridescent plastic butterflies to the corners and some twine to the top as a hanger. Next I cut out 10 balloons using a punch set from my other blogging pal Annmaree...this is such a cool set!!! Yes those balloon shapes made those two flowers!!! How neat is that?? I can't take the credit for the idea because it was all Annmaree!! I stamped some script on them after cutting out and adhered a gold dew drop to the tops! Voila! A pretty tag! :)

Wanted to mention that I noticed a few new followers...welcome and thanks for joining my blog! You are all so wonderful and I appreciate the nice comments everyone always leaves me! Sure puts a big smile on my face everday! :)
Thanks!!
-Stacie

Challenges:
Crafty Calendar - Bugs and Beasties
Crazy 4 Challenges - Paper flowers
Creative Inspirations - Colors of turquoise, gold and cream
Delightful Sketches and Challenges - All about summer
Stamptacular Sunday - Cute as a bug
Practical Scrappers - Flowers
Stamp Something - Summer
ABC Challenge Blog - X for xtra dimension
Stamping Vacation Embellish It - Twine
Stamping Vacation No-No Challenge - No ribbon
Stamping Vacation Home Sweet Home - Shabby Chic (I always struggle with this style...hopefully I am close!)
Stamping Vacation Fountain of Youth - Bug

16 Comments:

Crystal said...

Beautiful tag!! LOVE the color and embossing!

craftieodmae said...

WOWZERS! gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

OMG I ABSOLUTELY love love love love LOVE IT!!!

This is awesome, I am so thrilled with this!

Lisa B said...

What a beautiful tag! This would even look stunning tied to a brown lunch bag. Great job!

Thanks for playing with us over at Practical Scrappers.

Sammye Jo said...

fantastic job!!! Love the colors!

Leonie said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the colour and the gold butterfly! Thanks for joining in with us this week at SSC. ♥ Hugs Leonie

Karen said...

Very pretty, thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
xx

Danni said...

How pretty! Such a pretty color! Thanks for sharing with me at FBW!

Denise Clark said...

Stacie, I LOVE the tag, especially the delicacy of the butterflies with the tough twine. Terrific mix! Great colors!

This entitles you to FOUR entries for the gift certificate drawing on July 1st! Thanks so much for your participation at Stamping Vacation!

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely tag tjhanks for joining in with us at creative inspirations

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty tag. Love the image and gorgeous colour scheme. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "Cute As A Bug!" challenge! Hugs, Denise (GDT) x

Carolyn said...

Wow, love the look of the embossing folder. I'm going to have to invest in that one. Great job on your tag and thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Merry said...

Thanks Stacie for mentioning me......I like to keep that bit of mystery to my name. :-)

Wonderful tag, really love the embossing folder you have used. And what a clever way to create the flowers. I have never thought to do that.....clever Annmaree.

savvy teaching tips said...

This is fabulous. I love the colour cardstock you used on the tag itself. Great job with the flowers. I thought they were an embellishment. Can't believe you made them yourself, they are so perfect. You really rocked the challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Flowers and butterfly's, that's all summer.;) Nice to emboss the background. Love it.
Thanks for joining DS.

Rosalien

stephanne said...

This is a stunning project, love the rope cord and the fabulous embellishments!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
Stephanne