Friday, December 11, 2009

Untraditional holidays...



I took some quick crafting time today to create this card. I used some untraditional holiday colors for this card...a salmon, mint green, white and kraft brown combo. The digi is from InStyle and I colored her with my Copics and prisma pencils. Used scrap paper once again (I just love using up scraps...no waste here!) and popped her up with 3-d squares. Added puffy paint to her outfit along with some clear glitter for that added shine! Then I used flower soft for the snow she is dancing on....so cute! :) Added a button with a hemp bow and distressed and blackened the edges around the sentiment and added some plain white ribbon for the finishing touches. So what do you think....is untraditional just as pretty for the holidays??

Challenges:
InStyle Stamps over the hump blog candy contest - snow and must use one of their images.
InStyle - color challenge (salmon, mint green and brown)
Crafty Calendar - winter sparkle (sparkle is in the puffy paint on her outfit)
Stamp Something - Winter Wonderland
Simon Says - Let it snow
Practical Scrappers - anything x-mas (oops, I am a few hours late for this one)Secret Crafter - snow
DCRU - holiday feel

11 Comments:

Claudia said...

Your coloring is beautiful! I love non traditional Christmas cards just as much.

Claudia (DCRU)

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous, very well coloured in ;-)

Unknown said...

Lovely card Stacie! I love the cute image and these colours look fab! Thanks for joining in with us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Georgia xx

Mandy said...

Lovely card..I have great problems with the highlighting of images, yours looks fab!

I have popped a link on my tic tac holder post of where you can find a tutorial.

take care,
Mandy

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute. Love the great colors and cute image. TFS!

Cindy Haffner said...

She is just delightful.

Curt in Indy said...

Super card! I love all the detail you put into this one! I've ordered and am waiting to receive the polar ice FlowerSoft and can't wait to get it. I love the effect of your snow! Best, Curt

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Denise Marzec said...

Love that cute digi image...so adorable! Love your non-traditional colors, too. :)

Allison Rankin said...

So cute and fun...she looks great against that background paper.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

The anime image is so cute! The patterned paper you used screams fresh and fun...I love it! A retro feel with a fresh modern take. Fabulous job!

Smiles!
GWen DT@DCRU