Sunday, November 15, 2009

Vintage Christmas



I bet your noticing some new stuff I used right? Okay, well maybe you can't pick them out so I will tell you!
I bought some new Cuttlebug embossing folders (used the snowflake one on this card). Since I don't have an embossing machine yet I used a good ol' rolling pin...it was hard though because I had to push down really hard! I also bought some Shimmerz (used Angel Wings on the embossed paper) and some Flower Soft (used vintage on the white ribbon strip across the middle). This was an experiment to use my new goodies and I think it turned out pretty good! I thought about coloring the image but it just didn't seem right to do that so I left it black and white.

Challenges:
Die Cuts R Us - Emboss Something
Doodle Palace - Red and White Christmas Card
ABC Challenge H is for Hidden (I hid my ribbon with Flower Soft...not sure I interpreted this challenge correctly but I tried!)
The Secret Crafter - 4 seasons
Robyns Fetish - Theme challenge
Creatalicious - Christmas card with snowflakes and sparkle!
Corrisive Challenge - Emboss something

Thanks for stopping by! Always love hearing what you think about my work!
-Stacie

13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a busy bee today!!!

LOVELY Santa card! The embossing is gorgeous.

Danni said...

Very nice...new goodies are always fun!

Merry said...

Wow....you are getting very creative. You must have done a lot of rolling with that rolling in. That is impressive embossing. Great card.

Sammye Jo said...

Looks fab! So glad you are joining us at DCRU DT Blog!! You rock :)- Sammye Jo

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC & ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Jodi said...

This is a very pretty vintage card!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Ann G said...

Gorgeous card.

Janet said...

super card! thanks for playing:)
hugs

Anonymous said...

Love your Christmas card...the image feels a bit vintage....love that! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creatilicious...hope you'll join us next month.

Abby:)

Vicki Burns said...

Love this vintage look! Thanks for playing with us on CCBJ!

Anonymous said...

Good job! Gosh a rollin pin! think I would of not had an arm left if I had tried that! thanks for joining ABC challenge Samantha :0)

Doodle Palace said...

LOVELY vintage Santa! THANKS so much for joining us this week at Doodle Palace!
Dee and Robin

Cheryl said...

Fabulous,love your vintage Santa!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugs xx