Thursday, November 12, 2009

Uncle Bob's Birthday Card



This card is for my husband's Uncle Bob...my first card to make for him ever! I don't have alot of experience making masculine cards but he is an outdoorsy guy so I thought a pine cone would work perfectly! And when I think of pine cones I always think of snow on them...it just makes them look so beautiful!

I used my new Close To My Heart birthday set I won and cut out the pine cone using my cricut. Then added some glittery white snow to it...which is kind of hard to see and it was still wet when I took the picture! I have a hard time waiting! LOL!
Hope you all like it!

Challenges:
Etsy Inspired #61 - Jared in Kansas (I used the Winter Wonderland photo for inspiration)
Stamping Vacation - Pick 3 Challenge
I picked the following:
1. Use anything from your sewing box ... I use my tiny scissors
2. Use an image of something that is from your yard ... pine cone!
3. Use anything you might find in a garage or workshop
4. Use anything you would find in a junk drawer .... 3 and 4 go together because I used glue!!
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Snow Much Fun (snow on the pine cone)
CPS 141 - Sketch
Allsorts - Bling (sparkly snow on pine cone...about as much bling as I would want to put on a man's card! LOL!)
La-La Land Crafts - Get Punchy (use your punches or die cuts) My pine cone is a die cut.

8 Comments:

Sammye Jo said...

Your title made me smile. My dad had an Uncle Bob, even though he was my great uncle, everyone called him Uncle Bob. Except Matthew called him UnKEY BoB-EE :) He passed in his sleep Jan 31st unexpectedly- sad :(- But when I read your title it made me smile :)

I am sure he will LOVE your card!!!!!

Jules said...

Hi Stacie

Male cards are very hard to make - as you will hear said on most blogs - but I think you will find that "Uncle Bob" will really love and appreciate the effort you have put into this.

I can see your sparkly bling no problem!!

Thank you for joining in my challenge with Allsorts - I hope you enjoyed it.

Love Jules xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card, love the snowy pinecone, just perfect for our snowy theme challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Very beautiful male card!!! I think Uncle Bob will love it!! I like the snowy pinecone and the blue!!

de said...

Great masculine card! Love where you got your inspiration from in the Etsy shop this week!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Liza said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Stacie, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and it's just perfect for a man. Great papers and layout. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Maureen said...

Great masculine card - love the pine cone! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!