Friday, October 16, 2009

Spooky Sign!



Well, here it is! What I have been working on today with my brand spankin' new Copics!! I didn't even try to blend...not that brave yet! But I was happy with the colors and how easy the brush tip is to use...also proud that I stayed in the lines for the most part! :) I am not that much into Halloween but I just had to give this a try with some new images I have gotten and this tutorial I saw by Deanne on Digital Delights. Now if I had to do it over again I would of picked a different background paper...one that didn't match so perfectly with my images and didn't seem so busy...but I didn't have any that suited me AND my printer is out of ink! LOL! You live and learn right?! So what do you think of my first project (not totally paper) and my coloring?? Also, any tips on cutting out digis is greatly appreciated!!! It is so hard!

Images:
Haunted House - freebie from Digital Delights
Spooky Girl - image I just won from Busy Beauties
Pumpkins - freebie from Digital Ink Co.

Now for the challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - Spook Fest!
Digital Delight Challenge on SNR - use any image from them!
Just Buggin' Challenge #7 - anything but a card
2 Red Bananas - black, purple and orange
Digital Tuesday Challenge - make a card or project using atleast 1 digi
Allsorts Challenge #22 - Halloween
Squigglefly - orange, black, purple, bat

Thanks for looking!
-Stacie

10 Comments:

Merry said...

Those copics come up so lovely and even. Love the puff of smoke.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Stacie I think you have done this little project wonderfully well your colouring is great and I love the little images you have added I am so glad you have joined us at Digital Tuesday this week

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jeanette - said...

Very cute! Great coloring!! Thanks for joining us in the 2RedBananas challenge.

Wendy said...

Very cute sign. I love those images, and I think your coloring looks great. I'm not brave enough to use Copics - I just stick with my watercolor pencils... that I can erase when I mess up. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

Merry said...

I own copic pen E51. Brilliant colour for skin. :-) The reason I have it is because my friend put an order in with Bizzy Becs. Bec didn't have one of the colours in stock and sent my friend the E51 as an extra because of the delay on her orginal order....how nice is that. Only thing was my friend already had that colour.... so now I am the proud owner. :-)

Unknown said...

Stacie I have just popped over from Merry's blog and love your work, you have so much talent, I would like to tell you that since you like these digi images that you can find a free one at Tuesday Tagger, pop over to my blog and follow the link.....hope to see you there. Hugs Avril xxx

Lynette said...

Very cute - awesome coloring! How fun to have Copics!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Stacie, your halloween project is lovely. I just wish we did it more in the UK as it's such a shame we don't get to use halloween images/stamps more throughout the year.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog and entering my blog candy and putting the words you did on your blog. Your name will be added to the hat and I wish you all the best. I will be in touch again after the closing date if you are lucky enough to be my blog candy winner.

Best wishes,

Kym xxx

slowef said...

Hello Stacie, thanks for calling over and commenting on my blog :-) You have done a good job with the sign. You will be so happy you got some Copics they are fab. There are loads of talented ladies with Copic blogs if you have a look, they helped me to get to grips with them when I got mine.

Enjoy your marker
Sandra
xx
http://comerainorshinecraft.blogspot.com/

Deanne Clarke said...

So cute, Stacie!!!! Fun wasn't it!!!