Saturday, October 10, 2009

No card...

Long story...there will not be another card for Louise. Party was today so we just signed it from my mom and me. Yesterday after getting home from work our house smelled like gas/oil and I thought we had a natural gas leak so I grabbed a phone and ran to my garage. I'm sure you all know gas leaks are nasty and you can blow your house completely up just by turning a light switch on or anything small that causes friction or a spark....so I was scared out of my mind!!! My dad/hubby came over and investigated...after a few hours we found out it was not natural gas but our sump pump had gotten clogged in the cellar and burned up. So it had a fuel/oil smell but not natural gas! What a relief!! BUT the smell was so strong and gassy that I was getting severe headaches and was light-headed and dizzy so I had to stay out of the house which is why I did not get another card done. After airing out the house last night things are back to normal (minus the melted sump pump that needs fixed!). So today I am catching up on blogland and hopefully will get time to create something tomorrow!

Oh...and thanks for all the tips on embossing!! I think I will try a dryer sheet until I can pick up one of those embossing buddies!

-Stacie

3 Comments:

Merry said...

That all sounds very dangerous....glad to hear everything was fixed pretty easily. I haven't heard of using a dryer sheet before...must remember that one.

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

Oh girl!!! Hate to hear all that, but glad it wasn't more serious!!!!! Take care of you!!! Can't wait to see what you make next.

Lauri said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles but....you won the Busy Beauties Giveaway on my blog!! You should be hearing from Carolyn! COngrats!