Sunday, September 2, 2012

Unstampabelles Challenge #15

Time for our 15th challenge over at Unstampabelles and for this month we want to see EMBOSSING! You have until September 28th to get your entries in and the new challenge will start on October 1st!
*Just remember......NO STAMPS at all! No rubber, digi, etc.!

Please go to the Unstampabelles blog for sponsor and prize information!

Now for my DT project to get you started!


I made a tag using shadow embossing. This is where you run your die cuts through an embossing folder and then shift the paper a little and run them through again. A random pattern like dots works best. Also, I would suggest using a darker paper than I did and maybe something that you can sand like core'dinations...I think it would make the shadowing part stand out better.

Hope to see you joining in our challenge!! :)

6 Comments:

Merry said...

I will be giving this technique a try very soon. It's nice to be able to put my embossing folders to use in a different way. Great tag.

JanR said...

Great tag!

Anonymous said...

Great tag, love the glitter and glitz!

Stacy H-W said...

Sweet tag stacie!! This would be so cute attached to a baby present. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!! I always love to read comments! LOL

Michelle H. said...

Your tag is so pretty!!
Can we use a stencil maybe I can add my canvas that has a embossing frame on it?

Sarah C said...

Super cute tag and thanks for sharing the technique! I'll have to give it a try with my dots folder...hope it turns out as nicely as yours :-) Great job!