Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Taco Salad



I received this recipe off a co-worker 5 years ago for my bridal shower. It is so easy to throw together for a quick dinner or a party!

Ingredients:
1 bottle french dressing (I used fat free catalina)
1 can of kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
1 packet of taco seasoning (I use the cheapest brand I can find in mild)
Lettuce, onion, tomato, bell pepper, shredded cheese and fritos (or some other crunchy type tortilla chip)

Mix the beans with the dressing and taco seasoning packet and marinate overnight. Then when your ready to serve cut up the lettuce, onion, tomato and bell pepper and mix together. Add the bean mixture and toss. Then top with cheese and chips.

*I recently made this and instead of assembling it all at once I mixed smaller portions at a time so the ingredients didn't get soggy. And if your taking it for lunch all the ingredients should be okay together especially if you assemble them that morning which is what I did except the chips...put those in a separate container.

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh yummy for sure...love salads like this

Anonymous said...

oooh sounds good! I love a bit of crunch in a salad!

Annette Bowes said...

Could just eat this now Stacie along with some of that yummy pie below lol! Take careX:)

Michelle H. said...

This is one of our favorites salads!! This looks so yummy and I have not made one in a couple months! Thanks for the reminder I think we will have one next week!!
Do you like black beans sometimes I will add them too.
TFS!!

Becky B. said...

I love taco salad! I have a similar recipe but incorporates lean cooked/drained hamburger meat - really, really good!! :)

Merry said...

This looks so yum.....I will have to give this a try. I see you have french dressing...this reminded me of comments being made with my American nephews were over at how different our French Dressing looked. Ours is like a vinger, oil and herb mixture. They mention that French Dressing there is a red colouring...just googled and saw it was. Just a bit of trivia I thought I would share. :-) Have a good day.