Monday, July 16, 2012

Father's Day Sailboat



Image is from Cowtown Stamps

I created this CAS card for my FIL. It was for Father's Day but I really think it could be given for just about any occasion! While making it I thought I used the perfect colors...blue for the sky, green for grass and brown for dirt. Then after I already gave it to him and was looking at this picture I thought to myself....DUH...you stamped a boat so there shouldn't be any grass or dirt!! LMAO!! Oh well....I'm sure nobody else thought a thing about it!

Challenges:
Crafty Creations - Free for all
Kaboodle Doodle - Outdoor, sport, hobby, adventure

8 Comments:

Dawnll said...

I didn't even think that till you said something I really liked the design and colors together.
Your hilarious

Unknown said...

What a great card for a guy. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Merry said...

I didn't think of it until you mentioned about the colours Stacie. :-) Thought they were a nice masculine combo. Wonderful card

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

It's beautiful! No need to worry about the grass or anything. Think of it as a rainbow or a spectrum of colors while the boat is sailing. =)

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Sports, Adventure & Hobbies” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

craftyb said...

I looked and loved and then read your explanation of the colours - but you know it works - i love it! Simple and perfect guy card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

nancyparker55 said...

What a great card. The colours just make it bright & cheery. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Anonymous said...

thats so awesome, I love the paint wash colours with the ship design, so great!!!

Becky B. said...

I reeeeally like this masculine card! Are the colors painted on or swiped on with ink pads? I am going to have to CASE this idea from you! ;)