Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yogurt Cake!




The original recipe was for a lemon yogurt cake but I am not very fond of lemon so I tweaked the recipe to my tastes. You can click HERE for the original recipe!

I used vanilla yogurt and almond extract. As an icing I just used powdered sugar, milk and some extract (can't remember if I used vanilla or almond...maybe both?) and then topped it all off with some toasted almonds.

If you plan on giving this cake a try I would suggest reading some reviews....several people have experimented with trying to reduce the amount of sugar...I know I cut WAY back on that and also used an egg substitute to lessen the calories a bit. I like dessert ALOT so I gotta cut calorie corners somewhere! LOL!

ENJOY!

10 Comments:

Michelle H. said...

This cake looks really yummy!!
I have never heard of using yogurt for icing!! That sounds really fun and I will have to remember that when Im out of icing!!

Annette Bowes said...

MM Yogourt cake, never tried this before, looks very tasty! We make yogourt jelly, which the kids love, take careX:)

Lorraine said...

wow this looks amazing i need a slice to go with my tea lol xx

Becky B. said...

MMMM! Looks so yummy - haven't ever made a yogurt cake before, but sounds like a fab idea!

Merry said...

This sure looks yum....but I would have to stick to the lemon version. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am just catching up!

This looks so professional, love it!

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Stacie!! Hope your having a wonderful weekend!!
I didnt have connection service later Friday so thats why I havent emailed you yet.
Will email you on Sunday or Monday!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there, have been poppin in but sadly not enough time to say Hi..tonight I popped over to tell you that your snowball cookies were perfect for our Fall Festival at church (-:
and love your guest designer card - clean crisp and beautiful color combos...Annnndddd
looking forward to your receipes for Thanksgiving too!

Christina Hicks said...

Hey Stacie, congratulations on winning on Berry Bleu, I love that hello kitty stuff!

Mallika said...

okie .. i m tempted to eat this
i m in hostel where i have nothing to eat
i never knew .. you are so into cooking