Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Reuben Time!

Today I have for you Reuben Eggrolls! The best part about eggrolls is you can make a bunch and freeze some for later which makes a quick meal! And I bake mine instead of deep frying which is even healthier! If you want to freeze some after baking let them cool,roll in foil and place in a freezer bag. Then when your ready to eat just reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes! Voila!

Click HERE for the recipe!

* This recipe tells you to deep fry them but if you want to bake them instead just line them on your cookie sheet, spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray and bake at 425 degrees til golden and crispy...about 15 minutes depending on your oven. Sometimes I even turn mine halfway...I don't think that is necessary I just have a habit of doing that with most things I can flip! LOL! *



Here is one opened up so you can see the inside. I smothered it with my homemade thousand island dressing which I usually don't do cause I am not a fan of that dressing but my MIL's dad was a chef and I have his recipe....so good! He also has a bleu cheese one that is AMAZING! But I won't be sharing those just in case someone in the family decides to make millions off of the recipe! LOL! :P


What if you run out of eggroll wrappers and still have filling left? Just scramble it up with some eggs! I also added fresh mushrooms and spinach....season to taste with salt/pepper (sometimes I add garlic) and it makes a yummy lunch! :)



ENJOY!!

10 Comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Yum, I'll try this recipe too!

Hugs
Maarit

Curt in Indy said...

OH. . . . .MY. . . .God! You are now totally responsible for my having to clean up a puddle of drool on my desk!!!! LOL These look simply out of this world amazing! I love seeing the food you make and so appreciate you sharing the recipes. This is definitely going on my list of things to make this weekend!!!! OK, gotta go, drooling again. . . Best, Curt

Dawnll said...

It never fails when I come here I am starving when I leave...lol
I wish we lived closer, I am sure we would be sharing recipes and dishes all the time.
This looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

oh wow these looks so cool, and very professional, way to go girl1

loving the colours in the last pic!

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! This looks so yummy!! I will have to try this and the mexican one too! I plan on trying some new recipes when dd is in school and when its cooler outside!!
Thanks for the bday wish and I just remember I forgot to write you back!!
Hugs!!

Michelle H. said...

Stacie, thanks again for the Birthday wishes!!
Have a fabulous day!!

Becky B. said...

YUMMMMMMM - looks soooo tasty!! Love how you used the extra to toss in with scrambled eggs - brilliant! :)

Michelle H. said...

I love that you scrambeled the leftovers in egg! That sounds really good!
3 cards came in today and most of my family do not send out cards! I just expected to have a couple by my Bday ! LOL!
Have a great day!!

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Stacie! I'm working on blogger so I'm stopping by to say hi and testing out blogger!
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Halle said...

Those look yummy!! I love Reuben sandwiches.