Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm Back and Tasty Tuesday!

I'm back from spending Mother's Day weekend in Brown County, Indiana with my mom and sister! We all had a really wonderful time...lots of good food, fun shopping and laughter! I hope to post a few pics later on so stay tuned!

Now for this weeks Tasty Tuesday!
One of my husbands favorites and a great Southern breakfast dish!

Biscuits with Sausage Gravy!!



We like to add shredded cheese to ours .... actually we put cheese in just about everything! LOL!



I made some "drop biscuits" from a box. Then all you do is fry up some sausage in a skillet til it is all the way cooked. (Drain if you want less fat) Then sprinkle flour on the top to coat the sausage and add some milk (I don't measure anymore because I have made it so often!) It will get bubbly and start to thicken. I just adjust the thickness and amount with more flour or milk depending on what you like. So super easy! In my travels I have not seen this dish in most places except the Southern USA so if this is a common recipe in your area I would love to know!

For those of you that need quantities of ingredients to get started you can click HERE for a recipe!

Enjoy!
-Stacie

6 Comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh this is one of my very favorite meals.I would eat this morning, noon or night.
I order everywhere I go especially when I travel.
Yum yum
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Merry said...

Nope not seen this before but it does sound very yummy. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, looks great and very southern, would love to try sometime!!!

Michelle H. said...

My step mom use to make this once in awhile!!
Yours look so yummy!
Glad you had a wonderful time!!

Curt in Indy said...

This is one of my most favorite breakfasts! I make it almost exactly like you do, except that I mix my flower and milk in a jar by shaking it like crazy. I pour the liquid into the very hot skillet until it boils, then I turn the heat down while continually stirring until I get the right consistency. I like my gravy really thick. I'm not sure I'd be excited with the cheese on it, but then again, I can't knock it until I try it. Yours look yummy! Best, Curt

Becky B. said...

YUMMMMM!! This is one of my family's all-time favorite breakfasts!! My hubby, (who goes to work at around 5 a.m. each day), works next door to a Braum's, so on many a morning he can be found ordering biscuits and gravy at their counter - ha! It's a good "stick-to-your-ribs" kinda breakfast that you just can't go wrong with! (Pair it with some grits and I'm in heaven!!)