Friday, December 17, 2010

PJ Day and SWAK!

Back to work today but with a two hour delay. We were also supposed to have a Christmas lunch yesterday for the kids at school but because of the snow day we will do that today. The principal is also letting everyone (including the staff) wear pajamas!! Oh I do love this day....I can wear my fat...ahem...I mean YOGA pants and a sweatshirt to work!! WAHOO!!!! Anyone else have a local school where the principal will give you a day here and there to wear clothes like that?? I would love to hear and also what city/state/country!


Now for my card. This NEW image will be available at the end of this year or beginning of next over at Glitterbabe's Art. I love this image....I think it will be perfect for Valentine's Day or anyday you just want that special someone to know you love them! :) I tried a new coloring technique on the lips and it didn't turn out the way I wanted. I used a water pen and my distress inks. The color didn't glide very well on the paper so I had harsh streaks and then I tried to go over it several times to blend so of course my paper was getting wetter and then it started to pile up little balls of paper...sigh. Any suggestions? Does everyone just use watercolor paper for this or another technique??



Challenge:
Card Patterns - Sketch

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep you'll need watercolour paper hun!

Looks fantastic tho, I LOVE it! awesome punch and tinsel, great layout too!!!

Anonymous said...

OH PS; Never heard of a pyjama day how fun!
Closest thing we ever had here was a 'mufti day' where we didn't have to wear our uschool niforms on the last day of a term, and we usually paid a gold coin donation for a charity in doing so!
HAVE FUN!

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty card!!
Love it!!
You won the altered challenge!!
I will share on Sat. post what kind of centerpiece it is but I can't show anymore pictures!
Thanks for playing along!!
Please email me your addy!
Hugs!

NinaB said...

Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

sallysbitz2 said...

This card looks fab & is ideal for Valentines day xx

I work in a Nursery School in London. When we dress up either PJ's, book character, wear pink etc etc, it is to raise funds for charity.
We do not have a uniform, luckily for us, but we are very sensible x