Sunday, December 20, 2009

More yummy treats




I know this isn't a cooking blog BUT I do not want to create a separate blog...I can barely keep up with this one!! LOL! So, you will get a little bit of everything on here! Right now I want to show you some treats I made the other day when I was in a serious baking mood! I already showed you the Anzac Biscuits and I must say those are DELISH!! The above treats have also been tested by either myself or other family members and they all pass the YUMMY test! LOL! The top cookies are peanut butter. A recipe I got at my bridal shower a few years back from my hubby's aunt and I finally decided to try them. Now I won't touch these because I don't like very much PB but my DH sure knows how to stuff his face with them! The second ones are oatmeal raisin and I got the recipe from Charlotte here. A little sticky to work with but they taste AMAZING!! The last things are pretzels filled with chocolate/caramel and walnuts. So I guess they are pretzel turtles. A little idea I got from a lady I work with at school. I prefer them without nuts so I made a little of both even though the ones in the picture all have nuts. That is all for now as I do believe I have enough to munch on for the holiday! :P

For those of you doing the same thing this week....HAPPY BAKING!! And the rest of you...HAPPY TASTING!! LOL!

-Stacie

7 Comments:

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Stacie,
First let me say that I love that sweet chinchilla of yours....absolutely the sweetest! How are they as pets? Second, a huge thank you for putting the link regarding the oatmeal raisin cookies on your blog. Yes they are a little sticky to work with but I used some extra flour to form mine a little more solidly, but yours look delish too! Thank you for taking the time to try the cookies. Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for the New Year!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Merry said...

You sure have been cooking up a storm. Just thought you would like to know that most times when I read your posts I still haven't had my brekkie and now I am starving. lol. Those turtle pretzels sure look yummy and interesting.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow those all look so awesome!!!

I wish I could pop round to try em all ;-)

You have been a busy bee, Well done.

Sammye Jo said...

YUMMO!!!

Denise Clark said...

Looks delicious! I've been baking myself!

You were selected as one of the PICK 3 TOP 3. Your card is being showcased on my blog. Thank you for participating and congratulations!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Hey Stacie!

Thanks for popping by! You have been soooo busy. All your treats look delish! I LOVE peanut butter...I eat it by the spoonful:) So if you have any leftovers....:)

Also, I had to comment that your Scamp card is the cutest thing EVER! I used to have a dog named Tramp...it's close. He never chewed on lights...he was THE best. I did dogsit one time and the dog got so excited that he RIPPED all the lights off the tree and window just by wagging his tail. He was a really fat Lab. Anyways, hope you have a very blessed Christmas!

Hugs!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Stacie:
Your cookies look wonderful and I know first hand how much work they are . Your tree also looked so very pretty I hope you had an amazing Christmas. I will poop back soon thanks for stopping by both of my blogs and always leaving me a message it means so much when people do that .
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie